Get matched with thousands of Christian singles — for FREE

Join now

Trusting in God for a partner

ForumFriendship and relationships

51 – 69 of 69    Go to page:  Previous  1  2  3Post reply

• DSHINE345

February 21, 2016

It is well with you dear. Many of us have had painful experiences as to photocopies we thot were originals but too bad for them, its their loss darling. Just brace up and keep trusting Jesus. Don't say u wldnt be fooled like dat again cos the devil is very subtle to get wot he wants just ask the holy spirit to direct you. Have a blessed and happy week Sis.

• February 22, 2016

Very true.

SELMA483 wrote:

God's time is the best and always right.

We want to make things happen our selves but sometimes he let us go our way ,so we can learn from the consquencies.

I got invloved with a guy who promised to merry me next.He seems to be a christians althrough his both parents are pastors but he pretends.I was abused and broke in ties. I ran back on my kness and apologise to GOD for trying to make things happened my way without his approval.

I know what I learnt and I decide to wait on him.

• AKANKSHA882

February 22, 2016

Praying for you ,sister !God Bless !:-)

February 22, 2016 updated by AKANKSHA882

• HEAVEN567

February 23, 2016

Hi everyone, God is an on time God. But I hope and pray that Our eyes will be open spiritually that we may accept the person whom God will send to us, because a lot of times some of us are so caught up in our dream guy or girl and lose sight of the person whom he actually send for us because he/she does not match up to our expectations. I pray that has God lead and direct us we will acknowledge his voice and be obedient. God's richest blessings in your lives.

• March 3, 2016

we have situation here.. haha :D

If we are not to keep praying and seeking .. God will not help us

• LUCIE703

March 15, 2016

There's a saying wait for the perfect time God is listening who will prayed for him trust an obey

• EGEE959

March 16, 2016

Contentment in Singlehood...that is what's missing. We all know, or should know that God will without a doubt bring our mates. He has designed them SPECIFICALLY for us and we for them in every way. But what are we doing while we wait? Are we dwelling in our surroundings, are we in a nutshell making use of our time with God? That's what this period is for. To draw nearer to the King and strengthen our relationship with Him, which is going to be the foundation of our future marriages. How can you be faithful to your spouse, if you're not faithful to God? When trouble comes in the marriage, what will be your first instinct? To Run/Avoid the issue, or Pray to a God you're supposed to have already built a solid relationship with?

If you're longing to see your partner more than you're longing to see God and His Kingdom, or praying for your Husband/Wife to come more than you are praying for your Future Spouses and people in general to come to know Jesus and to be saved from the hands of the enemy, then it's time that we come to know the difference between praying in our flesh because of the things that we want, and praying in our Spirits and submitting our Will to that of Christ.

Why do we want a mate so badly? Is it loneliness? Is it because we see things we want? Have we decided that we've waited long enough and are now getting impatient or almost at the point that we want to try to "make" it happen ourselves, which honestly is about 85% of relationships that fail... We spend our times going after what we want in the flesh, and end up with Counterfeit Husbands and Wives, and wonder what happened when it doesn't last...Meanwhile, Gods waiting for us to do what we should have been doing all along so He can bless us.

Have we even thought to ask God what He wants us to be doing with our time while we wait?... Our focus Needs to be centered on God all of the way, not partially. If our prayer life is sometimey, we should not be focused on Where our mates are, but How we can increase our time with Him, because contrary to what we think, we are really Not as ready as we think we are. Truthfully, how many of us would get into relationships and then thank Jesus and rejoice with Him for answering our prayers and then shortly after forget Him, and stray away from Him and towards our mates... Can we say that we would be able to maintain our relationship with God and not Forget him as soon as our times becomes a little more "occupied"? Are we subject to becoming lukewarm? Do we have enough self control and love for God that we can say that we won't jeopardize our salvation because of our emotions, when it gets hot and heavy, just being real here, because we are Real people and so are our situations..

I used to pray and pray and pray for my mate to come. And was thoroughly disappointed when he wouldn't show up when I "needed" him to..I thought there was something wrong with me..am I unattractive? Too big? Too dark? I put His creation on trial, and examined myself through worldly measures..And one day I was broken and heavy hearted and asked God to give me contentment...that I wanted to be truly and utterly satisfied in Him, because He Is the Cornerstone! He is the foundation that I TRULY need to Survive, not a man.

If the world ended today, and I either had no mate or they died, what would I have left if I didn't have Jesus? When I was yet a sinner, who gave me mercy and protected me because He could see who I really was in spite of my actions? Who wiped my tears when my whole world was crumbling, or held me when I spent many a night weeping when I faced situations I couldn't fathom how to get out of? Who saved me from car wrecks, and situation after situation when the enemy tried to kill me time and time again? God has a love for us that we honestly sell short. We think that a man/woman will solve everything or at least fill a hole that we've had for years, but I'm here to tell you, that's not true by a long shot. Only God can heal what's broken in us, and it won't nor can it ever be fixed by man. He knew us before we were formed. Our mates will only understand so much..And guess what? When they come and we marry, there are still going to be times when our mates won't fully understand some things, and we will, guaranteed, feel just as lonely as we did when we were single because we have to learn that we can't put material things, like a relationship, in place of where God's love is supposed to be. We need Him. If we had nothing else in the world, no possessions, no home, nothing tangible, but we had God, are we all at a place where we can say that we'd be just as happy? Or content if He chose not to bless us with another thing? Do we truly Love God, or are we just Infatuated? How do we show it? Are we secretly harboring feelings against Him because we're not yet satisfied with life? God reads the hearts of His people and He'll honor prayers prayed in Spirit and in Truth.

If you feel sour and are not content with your relationship with Him, the best thing you can do is be honest with Him. Because that's what He wants! Confide in Him, who created you, and already knows the words that you speak before you speak them. Talk to Him, and if you truly desire peace until your mate comes, pray that He gives it to you! And He will! He did it for me! And while I'm waiting, I couldn't be more happy because God has truly won my heart! Yes, I have moments when I think about what I've never had, but they can never overpower the joy and peace and love that my Father has given me. Even those moments when You feel overtaken by hormones, because it happens, rely on God and realize that the enemy will come to try you, but you don't have to conform to Him. He has no power!! NONE! He can only do what God lets Him. He's the biggest liar, and once you grab ahold of what Gods word says, the devil will always be under your feet! He will never know the Joy, Peace, Hope, or Love that we have UNLIMITED absolute access to! Don't let Him try and fool you, or Underestimate you. We are Not a weak people, but strengthened because we are on the Winning side. He can do All things! Are we believing Him for His power and that He can move mountains or are we doubting? Regardless, God can't lose. So neither can we! :) I love you guys! Don't know you, but I surely do love all of you and hope this encouraged someone!! Even if it's just one, it was well worth my first time posting! :) God bless you and Keep a Healthy Prayer Life!!! ????????????????????????????????????

• BELLE173

March 20, 2016

Dear Egee, your post was so ENCOURAGING! After reading it I felt comforted by the Holy Spirit. Every single word you said was so true.  I fell to my knees & thanked God that He used your testimony of encouragement to me & I'm sure to so many people too. Fancy that God used someone from the other side of the world.  I also prayed for you last night & this morning that God will bring that special person in your life.  He will be so fortunate to have a Godly woman like you.  Keep going sister! God is closer to us than we think.

To anyone on this website if you are going through a season of "Wilderness Experience" just like me, I'd encourage you to study the book of Deuteronomy.  I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link here but if you go on YouTube and type: Deuteronomy by Skip Heitzig it is eye opening and I'm sure you will understand why the "wilderness".  God bless you ALL.

• ARIANNA571

April 30, 2016

@Egee, Amen Sister! Thank you for sharing your heart with us, He has made you a blessing. It is wonderful to get to witness the work that He is doing in your life.

I think that many of our cultures tell us that there is a special man/woman out there who will complete us if only we can find him or her. That if we can find The ONE we will live happily ever after. This is a lie from the Father of Lies. It makes some person or even the hope of one into an idol. There is only One who will complete and fulfill us and his name is Jesus Christ, and our happily ever after is in eternity with Him (not your spouce). Nowhere in Scripture are we promised a "Soul Mate" God wants to be the Great Love of our lives.God is not mocked, He will not take second place.

Now, He loves to bless us, and maybe part of the plans that he has for us include a husband/wife, but it is as much for the shaping of our character as it is for our joy. He is not mainly concerned with our happiness, He is concerned with His glory in our lives. My greatest joy comes from seeing Him at work.

33Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? 35Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN? 36For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen. (Rom 11:33-36)

• May 25, 2016

Still God's perfect timing is the best!

• CATHY628

September 3, 2016

SARA381 wrote:

I understand you, and it is hard, but we have to wait for God's timing, and at the right time He is going to give each and everyone of us the right person, we just have to trust in Him. God bless you :-)

Very true.

• TRISH929

February 2, 2017

I have been truly encouraged by this whole conversation and if you believe God and put your faith in him for faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen then it is just a matter of time for your blessing to fall upon you.

• JESSIE085

May 8, 2017

BETH207 wrote:

Matthew 6:36:

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

I must agree because this Scripture is one the Lord has given me as my guide over and over.  I think Josh Harris's books have some excellent advise for having a godly relationship.  

• ZOEY045

May 9, 2017

No good thing will God with hold from those who seek His face . Psalm 34vs10

• August 9, 2017

I believe that we all in this situation, otherwise we won't be here by now.. (online dating). Actually I'm not in a rushed or need a spouse acutely. I just looking around, and if I'm lucky to meet my mr right here I will be happy, but if I'm not that's okay.

I think we need to be in a position we can feel happy when we're single, and feel comfortable with ourselves. Most of people can't feel good about themselves. Whenever they see someone who feels good about themselves (becoming who we really are) they find it attractive. And they want to be part of it, they'll try to look after you. ;) by then your option becomes wider ;)

At least that's what happened in my life so far. Though it sounds simple but trust me it's not that easy to feel good about ourselves. If so, why'd I'm here? It's because my country is no longer conducive for me to live. And I'm here to observe what to do n dont's here... in order to help my cell  group member who is Very into online dating. I'm single, so I think why not to give it a try?;)

What to do to feel good about ourselves?

Ask for God guidance, run to Him and asks Him to let you see yourself as the way He is looking at you. Be brutally honest with yourself which one is the truth, denials, ignorance etc. He will give you the identity you need to know.

Though it is an online dating. Please keep in mind that we're just need to expand our friendship here, by then you can select them with better decisions, because we're lessen the tension for ourselves. We can't just easily trust anyone we just met.

Put our heart in the hand of the Lord that He will give it to the right one. So that we won't easily consumed by lust and getting hurt by lust. Wish you luck with your search...;)

Please feel free to write me questions or concern. ;)

• ANNE950

August 20, 2017

Hi I lked your post here especially where you say although its online dating its about expanding friendships. It's just good to hear other people's experiences, testimonies and that there is a christian community out there experiencing the same things. May God bless you in His wisdom for what you need - delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

• BLESSINGS947

March 23, 2018

[GOD WILL surely guide you to the Godly women you deserve. Keep praying and He will answer you]

NEVILLE578 wrote:

I am a Christian been praying to God to guide me to the right lady to come into my life hope my dream girl will come and meet me by the works of God

• BLESSINGS947

March 23, 2018

I'm trusting God for a man who fear the Lord and will put the Lord first before everything he does. As Christians, we are suppose to be guided by the Holy spirit and submit everything into the Lord.  When my man show up, I first has to kneel down and ask my Heavenly Father to reveal to me every thing I need to know about him and if is the will of God that I should accept him.

• April 5, 2018

I believe our faith in God to answer our prayers is one thing on one side and our maturity on the other side. I believe so because our works are dependent on our maturity in the knowledge of God.

Take for instance, a brother who may had been praying and believing God for a life partner and God leads him to a sister; only for him to start praying God that it shouldn't be that sister when it's obvious to him that the sister is the right person but he doesn't want to surrender to God's will maybe because he doesn't like the qualities he thinks the sister possess. Such also happen with some sisters who may for one reason or another, not like some brothers who God may be bringing their way.

We often need apply maturity which is wisdom in other words; in our Christian faith to be able to attain God's will which is the best for our lives.

Take further instance in a case a brother is led to a sister, and they start getting on in the spiritual up building of each other in holiness. What if at a time God leads both to path ways for their respective life partners; and it becomes obvious God brought them together initially for the purpose of preparing them together to maturity before they can see and get to their respective life partners destination?

We need to be rational in getting ourselves prepared for the right partner as we would like our partners get prepared for us.(studying to approve ourselves; faithful workmen, needed not to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth).

We should be matured enough to do away with selfishness when believing God for a life partner and we should totally be submissive to God's will, unconditionally; knowing God's will is best and ultimate to and in us.

51 – 69 of 69    Go to page:  Previous  1  2  3Post reply