Get matched with thousands of Christian singles — for FREE

Join now

Gay marriage bomb

ForumChristian life

1 – 25 of 38    Go to page:  1  2  Next Post reply

  • July 8, 2015

    Q: How long before the majority of Churches in the USA embrace Gay-marriage?

    -Not long ago birth control was condemened by all churches.

    -Interacial relationships historically has been understood by the church to be outside of Gods natural order until recently.

    -Divorce was not only condemned in church, to even be divorced would prevent one from being elected to office, serving on a board or even being a school teacher.

    How long before the church again adjusts its view point to allign with the world?

    I predict in less than ten years more than half of the denominations will be appologizing they did not embrace Gay couples sooner.

  • CHRISTA509

    July 17, 2015

    The problem with us today is we conform to the world rather than being transformed in the Spirit and in turn transforming the world.. Apostle Paul foresaw this and wrote to Timothy about it. 2ND Timothy 4 and 5..But the Lord is the same and never Changes so those who remain steadfast to the true doctrine will have a reward

  • HARIT677

    July 18, 2015

    Therefore, as Christ's disciples we need to stand firm in the truth and align ourselves to His will not the world, and be renewed acc to ROM 12:1-2

    Dare to make a difference!

  • July 27, 2015

    Amen

  • MARY552

    July 29, 2015

    Well daniel....I want to ask u a question concerning interracial relationships,do u prefer they are lOoked at as they were in history or in the  present.

  • DEAN082

    July 29, 2015

    I think  the whole thing comes down to context.

    In the Old Testament we see God forbidding  inter-racial / inter-cultural  marriages  because He knew  that it would lead to the corruption of His chosen people.

    Africa is a good  example...  you see,    with ethnicity  comes culture & with culture,  religion & faith.
    Simply  put  as we see in Africa & the Middle East today,  most Arabs are  Muslim, Hebrews are often Jewish,   most native Africans worship ancestors.  The Egyptians of old  worshiped their pharoahs.

    So God set an easy to follow president. Intended to prevent the romances of His poeple leading them off into idolatry (worship of idols and false gods).

    Look at Solomon & David,  God warned them not marry foreign women.  In the end they did and in the process there were times were their wives lead them astray.

  • DEAN082

    July 29, 2015

    As for the gay marriage & homo-sexuality.  Scripture is very clear on it  & both Bibical & Secular  histories  record the example God made of places that indulged in it.
    Sodom & Gemorah !

  • JAERENEE451

    July 29, 2015

    Amen!

  • MARY552

    August 6, 2015

    I think GoD was against interculture and not inter racial.there are native africans.egyptain ,indians.e.t.c that are christains..?remeber that bible say we are one in christ.

  • MARY552

    August 6, 2015

    GOD shunned intercultural because he knew that their beliefs were defer rent and his people would be led astray...bt not because of there color....people of the same race can have different cultures and people of different races can have same beliefs....I don't think GOD can for bid that....u are still one in christ and there is no one to led the other astray.

  • August 11, 2015

    MARY552 wrote:

    I think GoD was against interculture and not inter racial.there are native africans.egyptain ,indians.e.t.c that are christains..?remeber that bible say we are one in christ.

    You raise a good question, I am of the belief that there is  "The perfect will of God" and "The permissable will of God. So lets say a 18 year old female got involved with a 58 year old guy... would that be sin? Or just a bit contrary to  natural inclinations? I would put that in the catagory that God would permit it but it is not the "ideal" (for a number of reasons). Where does the "healthy age bracket" begin and end? Hard to say yet most would die if their 18 yr old kid wanted to marry a 56 yr old guy.

    Interrational relationships are a version of that. Nature clearly has drawn lines of distinction by race, in some cases much more bold than in others.

    Q: Why would it not be in the -Perfect will of God- ? Because it so often doesn't work. We have ample research to know interracial relationships have a much higher failure rate. Children from these relationships are "more likely" to experience a sense of "not belonging" and disconnected. I actually have personal experience in this.

    When you put all the statistics and reasoning asside ... isn't it true, most people want to see as much of themselves in their kids? Isn't this what people do when a baby is born... look for grandmas nose or dads red hair?  

    Sure if I were trapped on an island I would pair up with whoever was available but were we have a choice, why not act in harmony with the guide nature has laid down?

    I think one of the reasons our culture is so warped is because at some point (maybe 75 yrs ago) marriage became more about feelings and personal fulfilment than judgment and obligation and sacrament. THis is exactly how Gay marriage (and what follows) has prevailed... relationships are all about pleasure and self and on that foundation sexual liberation was born.

    Anyway, as  the topic related to Gay-marriage, that is all together different than race  because there is no "permissable will of God" in a relationship with sin at it's constitution.

    Yeah yeah, I know it is a drag to be the one to suggest maybe someone "shouldn't" do something.... it's way more fun (and easy) to be the person that encourages others to "do what thou wilt".

    Just throwing out ideas is all.

    August 11, 2015 updated by DANIEL071

  • HEARTNSOUL118

    September 7, 2015

    I agree with Mary, God just doesn't want us to be unequally yoked, look at Moses and his wife when Aaron his brother, and Miriam his sister made fun of her because she was dark, God struck them blind, Moses had to pray on their behalf for that to be lifted From them

    ,

  • November 9, 2015

    HEARTNSOUL118 wrote:

    I agree with Mary, God just doesn't want us to be unequally yoked, look at Moses and his wife when Aaron his brother, and Miriam his sister made fun of her because she was dark, God struck them blind, Moses had to pray on their behalf for that to be lifted From them

    ,

    HEartNSoul, did you miss the message of Moses and his Etheopian wife? That is a biblical example of disobediance, he had a craving for exotic women, she was noteable but not the only one. They did not even worship a common God.

  • AQUAVIVA647

    April 22, 2016

    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect, will of God  Romans 12:2 kjv

  • April 25, 2016

    Q: How long before the majority of Churches in the USA embrace Gay-marriage?

    Good question, but every time things look grim, there always appears to be a faithful remnant. We see this even in the days of Noah and Jeremiah.

    Not long ago birth control was condemened by all churches.

    This is ambiguous, so it depends on what you mean here. Birth control is a problem when it involves the murder of the unborn (i.e. abortion). There's nothing morally wrong with avoiding a pregnancy altogether to plan things out and prepare, or because a couple does not wish to (or physically can't) have children. None of the Apostles ever got married or had children, for example. Neither did Jesus.

    Interacial relationships historically has been understood by the church to be outside of Gods natural order until recently.

    That is the Church's mistake for adopting an unbiblical position. First, the Bible teaches that there's only one race -the human race- because we're all decendants of Adam and Eve, the first human couple, and eventually Noah and his family after the Flood wiped things out on a global scale. Second, the N.T. mentions that Christians should avoid an "uneven yoke", i.e. should avoid getting married to non-Christians. The reason behind that 2nd one would appear to be more on the practical side, but it says nothing about 'race'. In the O.T., Jews were told not to marry people from other nations, but it was because they would drag Israel down with them in their idolatry. But if they changed, there was no problem. For example, when the Jews were preparing to conquer Jericho, Rahab (a prostitute there) helped the Israelite spies, was spared, and believed in the God of Israel. She's actually in Jesus' genealogy, which further strengthens this point.

    Divorce was not only condemned in church, to even be divorced would prevent one from being elected to office, serving on a board or even being a school teacher.

    This seems related more to popular acceptance/opinion than to a Biblical commandment, althought leaders in the Church were indeed held to a higher standard, as explained in the N.T. When Paul talks to his gentile (i.e. non-Jewish) audience, he mentions that leaders needed to be 'blameless', 'the husband of one wife' (my emphasis), and several other things. In the case you point out above, it seems like back then people were at least more consistent. A large portion of the Church has lost its saltiness, but there're still ministries that have not.

    April 25, 2016 updated by XRAY948

  • JEAN159

    May 1, 2016

    I think that is a pretty balanced and biblical comment Xray.

    Daniel, you said:

    HEartNSoul, did you miss the message of Moses and his Etheopian wife? That is a biblical example of disobediance, he had a craving for exotic women, she was noteable but not the only one. They did not even worship a common God.

    Could you post the Bible reference for that one? I think maybe I did miss this message.

  • CLIFTON291

    May 20, 2016

    The churches are still firmly against same sex marriage.

  • May 21, 2016

    CLIFTON291 wrote:

    The churches are still firmly against same sex marriage.

    Some Churches are, but others have accepted it and openly promote it.

    "The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is safe." Proverbs 29:25

  • June 19, 2016

    Well if same sex marriage is biblically acceptable, why did God burn down Sodom and Gomorah? Why does Romans 1 and Revelaton condemn the practice of homosexuality?

  • CHARLES172

    June 23, 2016

    It's so strange how Christians nowadays are scared of being persecuted for Christs'  sake.we now embrace the world and it's belief system..The church is now in the world, and the world is in the church..Every country has a constitution, whether we like it or not the churches constitution is the bible. If it condemns any act,then why do we try to paint it and make it sound pleasing. Yes,God loves sinners but hate sin.This doesn't mean we should now commit the same thing God detest ,to win a soul.Speak the truth and make heaven proud,cover the truth and the world likes you.....

  • BRYCE585

    August 10, 2016

    DANIEL071 wrote:

    Q: How long before the majority of Churches in the USA embrace Gay-marriage?

    -Not long ago birth control was condemened by all churches.

    -Interacial relationships historically has been understood by the church to be outside of Gods natural order until recently.

    -Divorce was not only condemned in church, to even be divorced would prevent one from being elected to office, serving on a board or even being a school teacher.

    How long before the church again adjusts its view point to allign with the world?

    I predict in less than ten years more than half of the denominations will be appologizing they did not embrace Gay couples sooner.

    Oh Daniel they will not be I don't think. We are in a great deceiveful time and dark times at that. It's only going to get worse. I would read Revelation 2 and 3 it's about church corruption and that those who attend those churches are the body of Christ. The church attendees do affect the atmosphere of the church and it's why we need to always share the gospel and to help all fellow believers. Many churches are afraid and they aren't bold. They disgrace God for all the sin with on their church and God knows of their sins.

    It's why we need to pray for Israel and all those who are far from God.

  • BRYCE585

    August 10, 2016

    CLIFTON291 wrote:

    The churches are still firmly against same sex marriage.

    But what about other things that go on with in the church. I've been to many and God has shared things with me that churches aren't doing. The fellowship of Christ is very weak in this time.

  • TANESIA984

    August 15, 2016

    Amen

  • SUCELL553

    August 15, 2016

    TANESIA984 wrote:

    Amen

    the real meaning of Amen is ‘so be it’. that's why is use to end a prayer. This's not something to say "so be it". I undertand you are agreeing with what Bryce said, but in my humble opinion this is too sad to say so be it.

    I agree. Some churches are losing their light and they are forgeting about God and that what He teachs us in the bible as true. Some by been too permisive and others with a hate message. Homosexuality is a sin. God said so in the bible in a very explicit way. If a church accept homosexuality and gay marriage as good, then i firmly believe they have left God a long time ago.

    August 15, 2016 updated by SUCELL553

  • HEAVEN567

    September 19, 2016

    I do not hate gays, but their life style of living. In the book of  Genesis, God made two of each animal, a male and a female, Adam and Eve and not Adam and steve. [Edit: your point is clear] Too many times some of

    us try to compromise the word of God.

    September 19, 2016 updated by CMATCH

1 – 25 of 38    Go to page:  1  2  Next Post reply